Dental Treatment in TurkeyDecember 27, 2023
Full Mouth Dental Implants Price in TurkeyFebruary 24, 2024
- What Are Orthodontic Treatments?
What Are Orthodontic Treatments?
Orthodontic treatment is a treatment method that corrects crowded teeth problems in the teeth by examining the mouth, teeth, and head structure in order to correct this problem in case the normal tooth position is different and crowded than it should be.
Which Procedures Are Performed in Orthodontics?
In orthodontic treatment, you can be treated with various orthodontic appliances such as clear aligners, metal, porcelain braces, jaw expanders, face masks, placeholders.
At What Age Is Orthodontic Treatment Applied?
Orthodontic treatment (braces treatment), depending on the severity of the crowding, can be performed starting from 5-6 years of age until the end of life.
In general, the most appropriate period for orthodontic treatment is 11-14 years of age for dental disorders, while treatment should be started at an earlier age for skeletal and dental disorders.
Types of Orthodontic Treatment in Our Clinic
- Orthodontics with Transparent Plates (Invisalign)
- Metal Braces.
- Porcelain Braces.
- Functional treatment.
- Removable Orthodontic Appliances.
Orthodontic Teatment With Clear Aligners
Wire-free orthodontics (clear aligner treatment) is orthodontic treatment using transparent aligners prepared individually with 3D printers without the use of conventional metal or porcelain wires.
Orthodontic clear aligner treatment, which constitutes one of the best aesthetic treatment alternatives, is performed without any wire appearance.
- They are removable, giving you the chance to take a break from treatment at any time during the day.
- As a side effect of wire treatment, sores may occur on the cheeks and lips due to friction of the metal surfaces. Wound formation during treatment is considered normal. Thanks to the smooth surfaces of the transparent plates, sores and stinging do not occur.
- Oral hygiene is easier and more hygienic as the transparent aligner can be inserted and removed.
- The fact that it has a transparent appearance and is not noticeable from the outside gives an aesthetically more aesthetic appearance.
Metal Braces Treatment
Although metal braces have been replaced by transparent braces in recent years, they are still preferred as a fast and reliable method.
Designed according to the individual's tooth structure, metal braces offer more successful results, especially when applied at a young age.
Advantages of metal braces
- It is more economical than other braces.
- It is the most durable and strong type of wire.
- It is a type of wire that is unlikely to break.
- It can be applied to people of all ages.
Porcelain Braces Treatment
Porcelain braces, which are primarily preferred by those who are concerned about aesthetics and appearance, can be applied to anyone with suitable oral and dental structure.
They are more aesthetic than metal braces but have a more fragile structure.
What Is the Duration of Orthodontic Treatment?
The duration of orthodontic treatment is 1-1.5 years on average, but this period may decrease or increase depending on the severity of the patient's dental disorder.