Features of the Best Dental ClinicDecember 26, 2023
Dental Treatment in TurkeyDecember 27, 2023
To Whom Can Orthodontic Treatment Be Applied?
Although it used to be the opinion that orthodontic treatment could only be applied in children, today 35 percent of patients receiving orthodontic treatment are adults.
For this reason, it is possible to say that orthodontic treatments can be performed for individuals of all ages.
At the same time, a healthy bite is as important for patients at the age of 60 as it is for patients at the age of 15.
For this reason, orthodontic treatment can be applied to patients of all ages after the examination by the orthodontist, unless the orthodontist sees a different obstacle.
In individuals with appropriate oral hygiene, healthy teeth can be moved as desired at any age.
Why Are Braces Worn?
There are different reasons why braces may be needed. A few of these situations can be listed as follows:
- Crowded teeth.
- Gaps between the teeth.
- Disordered alignment of the teeth.
- Presence of impacted tooth or teeth.
- Having an improper tooth bite.
- Problems such as mouth. Breathing, snoring or sleeping with mouth open.
- Skeletal jaw disorders, position and shape disorders of the lower jaw and upper jaw.