Signs of An Failed ImplantNovember 2, 2023
Dental Tourism in TurkeyNovember 26, 2023
How Long Do Dental Veneers Last?
Dental veneers are one of the treatment methods applied for the repair of damaged teeth and an aesthetic smile. With the treatment, the oral and dental structure is improved and free smiles are obtained. In this article, we will talk about the permanence of dental veneers, which are the most curious in the treatment, and the points that should be done to extend the life of dental veneers. We wish you a good reading.
What is the Lifespan of Dental Veneers?
The lifespan of dental veneers varies according to the person’s daily life, the importance they attach to care and their oral structure. However, in general, there is an average lifespan in veneer treatment. With proper care, the life of the treatment continues up to 15 years. There are effective methods to extend the life of dental veneers. The permanence of veneers is directly related to oral care and hygiene. Regular oral and dental health care extends the life of the veneers.
Gum health is one of the factors affecting the lifespan of dental veneers. Veneers are affected by deformations and diseases that occur in the tooth structure over time. For example, the veneers of a person with receding gums may also weaken. Therefore, paying attention to gum health will also strengthen the effect of the treatment.
The lifespan of dental veneers differs according to the application method. Porcelain veneers and zirconium veneers are generally preferred as treatment methods. The materials applied in veneer tooth construction differ in terms of durability. For this reason, the lifespan of zirconium veneers and porcelain veneers are not the same.
For effective and long-lasting dental veneer treatment, applications should be performed by a specialist dentist in hygienic clinics. In dental veneer treatment; the durability of the veneer material, the experience of the dentist, the appropriate planning of the treatment and the provision of regular controls after the procedure; provides a long-lasting, permanent use in veneers.
How long does a zirconium crown last?
Zirconium veneers are made to beautify smiles and dental health. Zirconium coating made by computer-aided systems; It is resistant to cracking, breaking and oxidation. Thanks to its semi-permeable structure, it transmits light and adapts to the natural tooth structure. Since zirconium is made of a more durable material, its service life is longer than other types of coatings. The production material provides high protection. It is highly resistant to fractures and impacts.
The lifespan of zirconium veneers is related to how much attention the person pays to oral and dental health. If the gum health is maintained, the life of the veneer will last up to 15 years.
Depending on the need, the coatings should be checked by a doctor every few months. During the examination, possible diseases can be prevented, the coatings are maintained and a long-lasting use is ensured.
How Many Years Will Porcelain Veneers Last?
Porcelain veneer is a treatment applied as a result of wear and discoloration in the tooth structure. It is one of the preferred treatment methods within the scope of aesthetic smile because it gives the teeth a natural appearance. The process is applied to the teeth one by one. As a result of the veneer, natural and white smiles are achieved as in dreams.
The lifespan of porcelain veneers is characterized by experts as 5 to 10 years on average. The permanence rate of the veneer is related to how much importance the person attaches to oral and dental health. Porcelain veneers have a wear-resistant structure but require maintenance over time. For this reason, they should be regularly maintained by the dentist.
How to Extend the Life of Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are a form of treatment that is resistant to wear and tear. It is applied to beautify the appearance of the tooth structure and increase its functions. Dental veneers are a long-lasting treatment method, but it is normal for veneers to wear out over time. There are details that need to be done for the treatment effect to be like the first day for many years. Gum health is the most important factor affecting the life of the veneer. In addition, the care of veneers has the same features as normal dental care. The stages that should be applied in oral and dental health for long-lasting dental veneers are as follows:
- One of the most important points to be taken care of in order to prolong the life of dental veneers is to pay attention to dental health. The daily dental care routine should include brushing twice, gargling and flossing. Attention should be paid to the veneers and gum care while cleaning the teeth.
- Lifestyle eating habits directly affect the health of teeth. Consumption of hard foods, extremely hot and cold drinks can cause damage to the tooth structure and thus to the veneers. Alcohol and smoking can cause discoloration of the veneers in the long term.
- Dental veneers can cause plaque formation and decay in the tooth structure if not cleaned regularly. Regular oral care and cleaning minimizes the possibility of decay in the area under the dental veneers.
- Teeth clenching and teeth grinding have a negative effect on veneers. In the long term, clenching can cause the veneers to wear and crack. To avoid clenching, a night plate can be used during sleep.
- For long-lasting dental health, you should go to the dentist regularly. Regular check-ups by the dentist allow for the prevention of possible dental diseases. Diseases that are diagnosed early during the examination are treated before they progress. The tooth structure is examined and the necessary maintenance and repairs of the veneers are made.
When Should Veneers Be Renewed?
The effect of dental veneer treatment lasts for many years with regular care and a healthy lifestyle. However, wear and tear may occur on the surface of the dental veneer over time. The rate of wear and tear varies according to the person. If the worn coating is not replaced, it causes tooth decay in the long term. For this reason, the veneer should be renewed in the following cases:
- If the veneer is not proportionate to the gums,
- If bad breath is present,
- If there is sensitivity in the gums,
- If the veneers have started to discolor,
- If there are cracks or breaks in the coatings,
- If there is bleeding in the gums, the dental crown should be renewed.
You can click on the relevant links to get more information about porcelain dental veneers and zirconium dental veneers. You can make an appointment at Antalya Panoramic Dental Clinic for a professional dental treatment by expert dentists.